PTA NEWS & UPDATES
Fall School Supplies (Due 9/29)
Every June, we ask families to fund school supplies for the year ahead. For 2023-24, this school supply fee will fund: crayons, flair pens, folders, book baggies, tissues, paper towels, markers, sharpies, white board markers, tape etc. Each classroom will have everything they need in place to start the school year in September. To help cover the cost of school supplies for the year, we are requesting a one-time fee of $90 for each child. Please pay online by Friday, September 29th, or submit a cash or check to the PTA mailbox. Check may be made payable to "PS 267 PTA".
Can't remember if you’ve already ordered school supplies? Go to www.ps267.org > My Account > Previous Orders to check
Lice Check Form (Due 9/28)
After each school break, we have arranged a back-to-school lice check. To help cover the cost of lice checks for the year, we are requesting a one-time fee of $30 for each child. Please pay online here.
Field Trip Form (Due 9/28)
Field trips play an integral part in bringing the Social Studies curriculum to life for our children. The teachers have many exciting excursions in the works to help support their lesson plans. To supplement the cost of the field trips that your teacher has planned for the 2023-24 school year, we are requesting a one-time fee of $60 for each child. Please pay online here.
Get ready, PS 267's Picture Day is right around the corner on Thursday November 9th! We'll be using a dark grey background, so please dress your children however they are most comfortable - bright and solid colors always look great on camera! Click here for more information and please email Elizabeth Herzog & Willa Goldfeder at email@example.com with any questions!
2023-2024 DOE & PTA Calendar
Did you know you can subscribe to the PS 267 & DOE calendar and have it sync to your personal calendar through the ps267 website. Click MY ACCOUNT > CALENDAR SUBSCRIPTIONS > ADD CALENDAR and easily sync our calendar to your phone or computer! Questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you getting PS 267 PTA texts?
If not, please "opt-in" to receive the latest information and reminders about our school via text message.
2023-2024 Kindergarten - Sign up here
2023-2024 1st Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 2nd Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 3rd Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 4th Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 5th Grade - Sign up here
Please check your email or our After School section for information about dismissal and contact email@example.com with any questions.
SCHOOL NEWS & UPDATES
Town Hall Safety Meeting: Please join the school safety team on Friday, Oct. 13th at 9:30am via Zoom. This session will be a virtual experience, and all families are invited to attend. During this session, the school administration will explain the NYC Department of Education’s emergency preparedness procedures. Here you will gain a better understanding of how your child participates in emergency drills and the steps for handling an emergency in our building. Click this Town Hall Safety Meeting Zoom Link to join the session.
Coffee and Conversation: Parents & Guardians are invited to "Coffee and Conversation" with Principal McEvoy. All sessions will take place at 8:45am in the Cafeteria following morning arrival. This in-person session provides families with the opportunity to engage in a more intimate conversation tailored towards their child’s grade. We will discuss school routines, the developmental stages of that grade, and hear how things are going thus far. Please be reminded all in-person event attendees are required to show proof of vaccination prior to entry to any NYC Department of Education building.
Kindergarten: Tuesday, 10/3 @ 8:45am
1st Grade: Thursday, 10/5 @ 8:45am
2nd Grade: Friday, 10/6 @ 8:45am
3rd Grade: Wednesday, 10/11 @ 8:45am
4th Grade: Thursday, 10/12 @ 8:45am
5th Grade: TBD
Forms to Be Returned to School to Your Child's Teacher:
All forms are attached and should be printed, filled out, and returned via your child's backpack.
- Emergency Contact Form
- Walking Trip Permission Slip
- Comfort Dog Permission Slip
- NYC Health Form
- Media Consent Form
- If your child has any allergy and/or requires medication administration during the school day, please email this Allergy-Medication Administration Form to Maria Villalta, our school nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Online Lunch Form even if you plan on sending your child to school with their own lunch. It is required to have one on file for every child.
- Create an NYCSA account if you have not already done so. (New families will be sent instructions to set up their account)
- ALL GRADES: The school day begins promptly at 8:30am. In order to have all students in their classrooms on time, the doors open at 8:25 am.
- Kindergarten: Students in K-106 and K-101 enter through the main doors at 8:30am. Students in K-109 enter through the side door at 8:30am. Staff members will greet the students as they arrive and will supervise their walk to the classroom.
- 1st and 2nd Grade: Students in grades 1 and 2 enter through the side entrance at 8:25 am. Staff members will be there to greet the students as they arrive and will supervise their walk to the classroom.
- 3rd to 5th Grade: Students in grades 3-5 enter through the main double doors at 8:25 am. Staff members will be there to greet the students as they arrive and supervise their walk to the classroom.
- Kindergarten: Kindergarteners will be dismissed at 2:40 pm. K-101 and K-106 exit through the main doors and dismiss on the east side of the street towards 2nd Avenue. K-109 exits through the side door and dismisses on the west side of the street towards 3rd Avenue. Teachers will be focused on dismissing students safely, so please do not engage in conversation with your child’s teacher at this time.
- 1st and 2nd Grade: Students will be dismissed at 2:42pm from the side entrance of the school (facing the building, west, towards 3rd Avenue).
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade: Students will be dismissed from the main double doors (facing the building, east, toward 2nd Avenue) from 2:42-2:45pm. Please note, if there is congestion, a class may be asked to exit the main door and turn right towards 3rd Avenue to ensure a safe dismissal process for your child.
- Parents/guardians/caregivers should wait on the sidewalk nearest the street to create a pathway for classes and pedestrians. Please wait until your child’s class is lined up against the wall in their designated spot. They will say goodbye to their teachers and then parents/guardians/caregivers may take them. This will ensure the safety of all students. Please be prompt.
Families As Learning Partners
FALP is an opportunity for parents/guardians to visit classes and experience the learning process at East Side Elementary, PS 267. Please remember to bring your ID for entry. No food, beverage, or technology use please!
Future Families as Learning Partners Dates (8.45am-9.10am):
Thursday 3/14-Social Studies
Through our partnerships with Chess NYC, each class engages in an 8-week cycle to build their knowledge in the game of chess. We recommend you dust off your chess board and get ready for some chess games at home! Here’s the schedule:
September-November: 3rd and 5th grade
November-January: 2nd and 4th grade
January-March: 1st grade
Comfort Dog Program
As many of you may know, our school participates in the Comfort Dog Program. We have a comfort dog on site, and his name is Jackson! Jackson is a trained therapy dog who works at the school. He has a schedule and visits classrooms. He also supports students in times of need. Jackson joined our school community on September 18, 2017. He has learned so much, just like our students and staff who make learning new things a priority! Be sure to sign and return the Comfort Dog Permission Slip so that Jackson can begin visiting your child’s class.
Walking Class Field Trips
In addition to the field trips that are planned for students throughout the year, there may be times when classes engage in a field trip that doesn’t require a bus. When we stay in the neighborhood, a walking class field trip permission slip is required. Be sure to sign and return the Walking Field Trip Permission Slip.
Family Handbook 2023-2024
Our school’s Family Handbook serves as an information tool to help you become acclimated with school routines, policies, and procedures. We encourage you to read through the document so that you can familiarize yourself with our school.
Discipline & School Rules
The NYC Department of Education expects all students to follow rules so that students remain safe in school. Please read through the NYCDOE Discipline Code so that you can have healthy conversations with your child about what is considered appropriate school behavior. Teachers will work with their classes to engage in a shared set of agreements during the first days of school as well. In order to strengthen our partnership, we kindly ask that your family read through the document no later than September 23rd.
Media Release Forms
On occasion, there may be special moments that want to be memorialized via photo and/or video. Please fill out this media release form which grants permission to have your child included in these photos/videos and return back to your child’s teacher via the orange folder. This form can also be found in your NYC Schools Account. If you are new to the NYC public schools, then you will need to set up your account in September after your child’s first day of school.
Amazon Wish List: Please consider purchasing a large or small item off your teacher's Amazon Wish List. All items are shipped directly to the school for your ease. Don't forget to check out the wish list for Jackson and our school specialty teachers. All lists are linked here.
Minted: If you plan on ordering gifts or cards through Minted, please use code FUNDRAISEPS267. Enjoy 20% off Minted stationery + custom gifts and Minted donate 15% of each purchase back to our school. Shop here and use our code.
PTA MEETING INFORMATION
All PTA meetings will meet in person on Tuesdays at 9:00am once a month in the school cafeteria. Please mark your calendars and make every effort to join if you can!
- September 26th 2023
- October 24th, 2023
- November 28th, 2023
- December 19th, 2023
- January 23rd, 2024
- February 27th, 2024
- March 26th, 2024
- April 16th, 2024
- May 14th, 2024
- June 18th, 2024