PTA NEWS & UPDATES
Community Yankee Game
Let's head to the ball game together! Please join your PS 267 family & friends as we watch the Yankees take on the Chicago White Sox at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx on Saturday, May 21st at 1:05pm. Tickets will be emailed to those who purchased. Questions, please email Alex Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Board and School Leadership Team (SLT) Nominations
Please consider running for a position on the PTA Executive Board or School Leadership Team. Nominations will be received at the general PTA meeting on Tuesday, May 24th at 9am. An election will be held at our final general PTA meeting of the year, on Tuesday, June 21st at 6pm. All positions are open to all currently-enrolled parents & guardians at PS 267. For more information about the positions and descriptions, click here. For the nomination form, click here. Questions, please email Kaitlyn Alterman, Iris Benakis, and Margaret Joyce at email@example.com.
Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt
Save the date for our 2nd annual Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, June 4th from 3-5pm! Gather your friends, follow the clues, and enjoy a wonderful day outside.
Are you getting PS 267 PTA texts?
If not, please "opt-in" to receive the latest information and reminders about our school via text message.
2nd Grade – Sign up here
3rd Grade – Sign up here
4th Grade – Sign up here
5th Grade – Sign up here
Accessing your child's class list has never been easier. Register here and fill out your child's information. You will then have access to the school-wide and class directory. It is updated automatically, when classmates add their information you will have immediate access to it!
Reminder: class lists are to be used solely for the purpose of school announcements, scheduling playdates, birthday celebrations, and other school-related functions. This information may not be shared with anyone and may not be used for solicitations of any kind.
K-101: Liljana Cimovska (Martin) & Debra Andrainopolous (Evie)
K-103: Kaitlyn Alterman (Alana) & Jessica Langford (Bea)
K-106: Jane Kim (Isabelle) & Jonathan Kent (Eliza)
K-109: Jessica Kerner (Paxton) & Lori Adelman (Emme)
1-201: Ritika Jain (Dhruv) & Lauren Cohen (Chloe)
1-203: Martha Dushaj (Simon) & Jen Pollock (Charlie)
1-214: Jennifer Chappel (Everett) & Cristina Baez (Zeinab)
2-303: Jessica Davis-Ortiz (Axel) & Jake Frantz (Hudson & Reeve)
2-305: April Kimmel (Jason) & Angie Tobias (Chloe)
3-301: Pri Baxter (Alalıya) & Anne Reiner (Jack)
3-306: Iris Benakis (James) & Michal Wagenfield (Maya)
3-308: Terra Leyton (Malcolm) & Valerie Altahawi (Leila)
4-401: Jen Zaslansky (Matilda) & Alina Denberg (Ethan)
4-403: Laura Zavell (Zoe) & Allison Zysman (Joella)
5-501: Jackie Meltzer (Ava) & Cecilia Damandrail (Lucia)
5-503: Brian Merritt (Virginia) & Bronislava Evrard (Mila)
We're looking for volunteers for lots of upcoming events and fundraisers. Small commitments and remote support are always encouraged and appreciated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to get involved and learn more about how you can help support our school.
SCHOOL NEWS & UPDATES
School Arrival and Dismissal Times
Please note the slight change in times for drop-off and pick-up!
|Arrival||East Side / Main Entrance||West Side / Side Entrance|
|8:25AM||Grades 3-5||Grades 1&2|
|8:30AM||K-101, K-106||K-103, K-109|
|8:35AM||Late Passes Begin||Door Closes|
|Dismissal||East Side / Main Entrance||West Side / Side Entrance|
|2:40PM||K-101, K-106||K-103, K-109|
|2:42PM||Grade 3||Grades 1&2|
Order FREE At-Home Covid Testing Kits
Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Here’s what you need to know about your order:
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- Orders will ship free starting in late January
Uploading Your Child's Vaccination Card
Please be advised that you can now upload your child's vaccination card on the NYCDOE COVID-19 Vaccination Portal. You will be asked to enter in your child's username/password as part of the log in process. We kindly ask that you do this as soon as possible.
Save for College Program for Kindergarten Students
The NYC Department of Education has created an opportunity for our youngest students' families to start saving for college as part of the NYC Kids Rise initiative. You can learn more about it by viewing this recorded information session. Families have until November 30th to opt-out of this opportunity by filling out the attached form (English and Russian versions are attached).
Manage Your Morning Stress
How's your morning routine going? Whether you love it or dread it, this article may provide you with some useful tips and/or help you in naming what is working for you and your family, Click here to learn more!
FAMILY GIVING (Ongoing)
children’s education and school experience through enrichment programs, classroom supplies and equipment, professional development for our teachers, and more. Your contributions made to the Family Giving Campaign are key to making it all happen! Please consider a donation towards our school. And please check if your firm has employee matching. Click here for additional Family Giving Information. Click here to donate. For more information, please email our Cp-Treasurers Andrea Kavanagh & Lawrence Thaler at email@example.com.
MAY PTA MEETING
Please attend the General Membership Meeting for the East Side Elementary School, PS 267 PTA on:
DATE: Tuesday, May 24, 2022
PLACE: Zoom details to come
At this important meeting, Ms. McEvoy will give updates on the state of our school, and we will share important updates about upcoming fundraisers and events. All Parents & Guardians are encouraged to attend. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent/Guardian Action Items
If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to complete the following:
- (Grades 1-5 only) You can fill out the testing consent form in your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) or download a printable version at schools.nyc.gov/covidtesting. Complete the form and email it to our school secretary, Kathy Pang Lee, at email@example.com. Don’t have an NYC Schools Account? Learn how to get started at schools.nyc.gov/NYCSA.
- Download the health screening app here and download it on your phone and have it completed daily BEFORE you get on the arrival line with your child. This will allow for a smooth and speedy arrival process.
- Read the NYCDOE Homecoming Guide so that you are aware of the protocols in place.
- Remember to wear your mask, whether you are vaccinated or not. If you don't have it, one will be provided to you upon arrival. Please put it on. Thanks.
- Everyone must fill out the NYC lunch forms which can be accessed here.
- Your child's teacher may have sent you the emergency contact form that needs to get emailed to your child's teacher over the weekend. Please provide it to your child's teacher and Kathy Pang Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please address all of your child's medical needs (asthma, allergies, medication requirements during the school day, etc) to our school nurse, Maria Villalta, at email@example.com. All medication needed during the school day should be labeled with your child's name and brought to the nurse.