PTA NEWS & UPDATES
COAT DRIVE: This year, PS 267 will be providing warm weather items to local refugee families within our own community. Items that will be accepted are: warm coats, gloves, scarves, hats, boots and other cold weather gear - in ALL SIZES (youth and adult). Please consider cleaning out your closets for new and gently used cold weather gear for all ages, and drop your items in the boxes in our school vestibule anytime between November 27th & December 15th.
Please check your email or our After School section for information about dismissal and contact email@example.com with any questions.
Important Spring Semester Dates:
- Week of November 27th: Spring Semester classes will be published on our website
- Monday, Dec. 4th, 2023: Spring Semester Class Registration Launch on our website at 9:00am
- Wednesday, Jan. 31st, 2024: Spring Semester begins!
Please note a preliminary Spring Semester class list and descriptions. Newly added classes may be subject to change based on factors such as day, grade, and other program logistic work happening behind the scenes.
Please fill out the Spring IF Afterschool Interest here. We are asking families who wish to register their student(s) for the upcoming Spring Semester to complete the form below. Our goal in this form is to get ahead of the waitlist process by identifying classes with high demand and exploring possibilities for expanding their capacities and/or sessions before registration day. Please fill out the form PER CHILD before Monday, Nov. 20th, 2023.
Shopping Party: Save the date for Wednesday, Dec. 6th for a shopping party to help raise funds for our school! Shop Unsubscribed for holiday gifts and receive 15% off your purchase, plus a 15% donation of all purchases will benefit the PS 267 PTA! Enjoy drinks, light bites, and fun with fellow PS 267 parents. Unsubscribed is located at 1190 Madison Ave. between 87th and 88th streets.
Spring Benefit & Auction Meeting: Thanks to everyone who joined the meeting on the 2024 Spring Benefit and Auction! If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please fill out this google form. We need your help to make this event a huge success! Any questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
November PTA Meeting: Save the date for our November PTA Meeting at 8:45am in the school cafeteria. Have a question you'd like answered at the PTA Meeting? Share it here! Use the below Zoom link if you want to tune in remotely. Questions, email email@example.com.
Meeting ID: 826 9728 0566
Picture Day: Picture Day photos will be online and ready to view on Tuesday, Nov. 28th. Makeups & retakes along with Sibling Photos will be on Tuesday, Dec. 12th. Click here for more information. Questions, email Elizabeth Herzog & Willa Goldfeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You & Welcome to our new Class Liaisons: We had an overwhelming response this year and are so grateful for everyone's interest and support. Please see the list below of our 2023-2024 class liaisons!
K-101: Blair Aires (Chloe) & Jamie Schwartz (Mason)
K-106: Allison Aspis (Remi) & Celeste Pandhi (Maya, Carter)
K-109: Jordana Kline (Mallory) & Melissa Allen (Brody)
1-201: Jessica Conn (Ava Vesco) & Dena Brody (Mia Wimpfheimer)
1-214: Deanna DeFrancesco (Lilia DeFrancesco Gorman) & Jackie Ramkumar (Layla)
2-303: Jessica Kerner (Paxton Hahn) & Steven Zimmer (Arlo)
2-305: Yiyan Zhu (George Guo) & Jane Rho (Isabelle Kim)
3-301: Jen Zaslansky (Charlotte) & Lavinia Barrientos (Aleczander)
3-306: Ritika Jain (Dhruv Ghai) & Elizabeth Herzog (Ross)
4-401: Angeline Garcia Tobias (Chloe) & Michal Kuperstein (Jordyn, Berkley, Rafi)
4-403: Kimberly Vardi (Kendall) & Maria Galvez (Isabella Velasco)
5-501: Willa Goldfeder (Sadie, Leo) & Dina Deutsch (Millie)
5-503: Ericka Manfe (Giulia Manfe Palma) & Priyanka Kothari (Amaliya Baxter)
2023-2024 DOE & PTA Calendar
Did you know you can subscribe to the PS 267 & DOE calendar and have it sync to your personal calendar through the ps267 website. Click MY ACCOUNT > CALENDAR SUBSCRIPTIONS > ADD CALENDAR and easily sync our calendar to your phone or computer! Questions, please email email@example.com.
Are you getting PS 267 PTA texts?
If not, please "opt-in" to receive the latest information and reminders about our school via text message.
2023-2024 Kindergarten - Sign up here
2023-2024 1st Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 2nd Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 3rd Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 4th Grade - Sign up here
2023-2024 5th Grade - Sign up here
SCHOOL NEWS & UPDATES
Opportunities to Attend Lincoln Center: Lincoln Center is offering 3 free tickets per family to attend a performance. Families and staff can access up to tickets for Kid, Teen, and Family programs as part of Lincoln Center Presents. Please check your email for the promo code information!
MOMA Family Programming: Join Heyman Family Programs at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) for free onsite programs/activities for the month of November. Please click here for a list of offerings in October and check out a flyer here in both English and Spanish, including Family Gallery Talks on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 18th & 19th.
Attention 5th Grade Families: If interested in the CHAMPS/BOKS program this year, click here and here for more information and complete the Google Form by Monday, Nov. 20th if you and your child are interested.
Report Cards: Students receive written report cards that will be accessible to you via your child's New York City Schools Account. Report cards will be released to families on Thursday, Nov. 2nd. Instructions for report cards are here.
5th Grade Parents - Middle School Website Links Live: District 2 middle schools posted information about fall tours and information sessions on their respective websites (Wagner MS, Yorkville East MS, Salk MS, Lab MS, Clinton School, East Side MS, 75 Morton St.).
Forms to Be Returned to School to Your Child's Teacher:
All forms are attached and should be printed, filled out, and returned via your child's backpack.
- Emergency Contact Form
- Walking Trip Permission Slip
- Comfort Dog Permission Slip
- NYC Health Form
- Media Consent Form
- If your child has any allergy and/or requires medication administration during the school day, please email this Allergy-Medication Administration Form to Maria Villalta, our school nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Online Lunch Form even if you plan on sending your child to school with their own lunch. It is required to have one on file for every child.
- Create an NYCSA account if you have not already done so. (New families will be sent instructions to set up their account)
- ALL GRADES: The school day begins promptly at 8:30am. In order to have all students in their classrooms on time, the doors open at 8:25 am.
- Kindergarten: Students in K-106 and K-101 enter through the main doors at 8:30am. Students in K-109 enter through the side door at 8:30am. Staff members will greet the students as they arrive and will supervise their walk to the classroom.
- 1st and 2nd Grade: Students in grades 1 and 2 enter through the side entrance at 8:25 am. Staff members will be there to greet the students as they arrive and will supervise their walk to the classroom.
- 3rd to 5th Grade: Students in grades 3-5 enter through the main double doors at 8:25 am. Staff members will be there to greet the students as they arrive and supervise their walk to the classroom.
- Kindergarten: Kindergarteners will be dismissed at 2:40 pm. K-101 and K-106 exit through the main doors and dismiss on the east side of the street towards 2nd Avenue. K-109 exits through the side door and dismisses on the west side of the street towards 3rd Avenue. Teachers will be focused on dismissing students safely, so please do not engage in conversation with your child’s teacher at this time.
- 1st and 2nd Grade: Students will be dismissed at 2:42pm from the side entrance of the school (facing the building, west, towards 3rd Avenue).
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade: Students will be dismissed from the main double doors (facing the building, east, toward 2nd Avenue) from 2:42-2:45pm. Please note, if there is congestion, a class may be asked to exit the main door and turn right towards 3rd Avenue to ensure a safe dismissal process for your child.
- Parents/guardians/caregivers should wait on the sidewalk nearest the street to create a pathway for classes and pedestrians. Please wait until your child’s class is lined up against the wall in their designated spot. They will say goodbye to their teachers and then parents/guardians/caregivers may take them. This will ensure the safety of all students. Please be prompt.
Families as Learning Partners (FALP)
FALP is an opportunity for parents/guardians to visit classes and experience the learning process at East Side Elementary, PS 267. Please remember to bring your ID for entry. No food, beverage, or technology use please!
Future Families as Learning Partners Dates (8.45am-9.10am):
Thursday 3/14-Social Studies
Through our partnerships with Chess NYC, each class engages in an 8-week cycle to build their knowledge in the game of chess. We recommend you dust off your chess board and get ready for some chess games at home! Here’s the schedule:
September-November: 3rd and 5th grade
November-January: 2nd and 4th grade
January-March: 1st grade
Comfort Dog Program
As many of you may know, our school participates in the Comfort Dog Program. We have a comfort dog on site, and his name is Jackson! Jackson is a trained therapy dog who works at the school. He has a schedule and visits classrooms. He also supports students in times of need. Jackson joined our school community on September 18, 2017. He has learned so much, just like our students and staff who make learning new things a priority! Be sure to sign and return the Comfort Dog Permission Slip so that Jackson can begin visiting your child’s class.
Walking Class Field Trips
In addition to the field trips that are planned for students throughout the year, there may be times when classes engage in a field trip that doesn’t require a bus. When we stay in the neighborhood, a walking class field trip permission slip is required. Be sure to sign and return the Walking Field Trip Permission Slip.
Family Handbook 2023-2024
Our school’s Family Handbook serves as an information tool to help you become acclimated with school routines, policies, and procedures. We encourage you to read through the document so that you can familiarize yourself with our school.
Discipline & School Rules
The NYC Department of Education expects all students to follow rules so that students remain safe in school. Please read through the NYCDOE Discipline Code so that you can have healthy conversations with your child about what is considered appropriate school behavior. Teachers will work with their classes to engage in a shared set of agreements during the first days of school as well. In order to strengthen our partnership, we kindly ask that your family read through the document no later than September 23rd.
Media Release Forms
On occasion, there may be special moments that want to be memorialized via photo and/or video. Please fill out this media release form which grants permission to have your child included in these photos/videos and return back to your child’s teacher via the orange folder. This form can also be found in your NYC Schools Account. If you are new to the NYC public schools, then you will need to set up your account in September after your child’s first day of school.
Family Giving - Soar With Us: The Family Giving Campaign is the PTA’s most important annual fundraiser. Tax deductible charitable donations made by families directly support critical enrichment programs, supplies, equipment, and training, as well as our PTA operating budget. Family Giving is vital to our efforts to supplement and boost our children’s education at PS 267. Please check with your employer to see if they offer matching donations! Questions, please email email@example.com.
Amazon Wish List: Please consider purchasing a large or small item off your teacher's Amazon Wish List. All items are shipped directly to the school for your ease. Don't forget to check out the wish list for Jackson and our school specialty teachers. All lists are linked here.
Minted: If you plan on ordering gifts or cards through Minted, please use code FUNDRAISEPS267. Enjoy 20% off Minted stationery + custom gifts and Minted donate 15% of each purchase back to our school. Shop here and use our code.
PTA MEETING INFORMATION
All PTA meetings will meet in person on Tuesdays at 8:45am once a month in the school cafeteria. Please mark your calendars and make every effort to join if you can! A Zoom option will be available for those who want to tune in remotely.
Meeting ID: 826 9728 0566
- September 26th 2023
- October 24th, 2023
- November 28th, 2023
- December 19th, 2023
- January 23rd, 2024
- February 27th, 2024
- March 26th, 2024
- April 16th, 2024
- May 14th, 2024
- June 18th, 2024